What’s the Truth Project About?
The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse offers an unprecedented opportunity to examine the extent to which institutions and organisations in England and Wales have taken seriously their duty to protect children from sexual abuse.
The Inquiry’s Truth Project is an opportunity for you to share your experience and views with the Inquiry in a safe and confidential way. Many victims and survivors have already taken part in the Truth Project and with their consent, some of their experiences have been summarised in the Inquiry’s first publication.
- By encouraging victims and survivors to come forward we hope to better understand the scale, breadth and nature of child sexual abuse, in an effort to help stop it happening in the future.
- The consultation is open to anyone who is a victim or survivor of child sexual abuse, and also to those who may wish to complete the survey on behalf of a victim/survivor.
- By sharing your experience and your opinions, you can make a difference to the lives of future generations and have a positive impact in changes to child protection policies.
How do I Participate?
1. Get in touch with The Truth Project. Use the online form to answer a few basic questions, including your contact details, so The Truth Project can get in touch.
2. The Truth Project will contact you and ask how you’d prefer to share your experience. They will respond within 15 working days and give you the choice of how you would prefer to tell them about your experience, such as in person (in a confidential one-to-one session), or in writing.
3. Share your experience. You can choose how to tell them about what happened to you. You can tell the project as much or as little as you want to about your experience. It is okay if you can’t remember everything, or if there is anything you don’t want to share. You won’t be asked to prove anything you disclose. It’s important that you’re in control of what you share.
If you would like to take part in the Truth Project just click on the link below.
- IICSA Fact Sheet
- General information
- Private Sessions
- Sharing Your Experience
- After Sharing Your Experience
- The Inquiry’s newsletter May 2017
For further information:
- Call IICSA’s Information line on 0800 917 1000
- Email us: email@example.com
- Write to PO Box 72289, London, SW1P 9LF and pay for postage
- Visit IICSA on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IICSATruthProject/